Why should I hire a Co-Active Coach? Life is a journey with many twists and turns, ups and downs. It is very common to lose direction, to want to change directions or to need help moving towards a new direction or goal. As a partner a coach is committed to your highest good, and utilizes thought-provoking and creative processes to inspire you in order to maximize your personal and professional potential.
Co-Active coaches honor the client as naturally creative, resourceful and whole. You are the expert in your life and work. Standing on this foundation, the coach's responsibility is to:
Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve
Encourage client self-discovery
Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
Hold the client responsible and accountable
This process helps clients dramatically improve their outlook on work and life, while improving their leadership skills and unlocking their potential.
What will I get from a coaching partnership?
1. Perspectives and different points of view How do you view the particular topic or area of life you would like to improve? Fresh ways of looking at a problem will be explored so clients can have the power to make choices based on their values and life purpose.
2. Hold you accountable A coach won't let you slack on your goals or make up excuses why you can't accomplish a goal - they hold you as naturally creative, resourceful and whole, not as someone who "can't". As required your coach will point out self sabotage, excuses and empower you to get out of your comfort zone in order to accomplish your goals and lead a more fulfilled life.
3. Live as your higher self A coach will help you listen to your higher self. It's the part of you that wants to quit smoking, start a business, love at a higher level or make any kind of change you know will benefit your life. This higher part of you just needs an extra push in order to come forth and take control.
4. Fulfillment Are you confused about what you really want? Do you know what makes you happy? Are your goals blurry? A coach will help you pin down what you really value and brings you fulfillment.
5. Acknowledgment Also known as a "pat on the back". Often times we are very hard on ourselves. We all need a little encouragement from time to time to continue on with our dreams. It is a coaches job to remind you of your successes big and small along the way.
Is Coaching the same as therapy? No! Therapy deals with healing pain, dysfunction and conflict within an individual or in relationships. The focus is often on resolving difficulties arising from the past that hamper an individual's emotional functioning in the present, improving overall psychological functioning, and dealing with the present in more emotionally healthy ways. Coaching, on the other hand, supports personal and professional growth based on self-initiated change in pursuit of specific actionable outcomes. These outcomes are linked to personal or professional success. Coaching is future focused. While positive feelings/emotions may be a natural outcome of coaching, the primary focus is on creating actionable strategies for achieving specific goals in one's work or personal life. The emphases in a coaching relationship are on action, accountability, and follow through.
How often are coaching sessions and how long will I need it? Change doesn't happen overnight. Therefore coaching is a long term commitment to maximizing your personal and professional potential and fulfillment. I start with 3 month agreements. Coaching sessions are generally twice a month and charged monthly. Session last about 45 minutes each. Agreements are renewed every 3 months according to what the client wants to do.
What kind of coaching do you do? I have been trained at the Coaches Training Instituted in the Co-Active model. CTI is accredited by the International Coach Federation.
Why should I hire you? I am deeply committed to assisting clients in living lives in which they experience joy, fulfillment, love, peace and inspiration. I aim to not only support them in meeting their goals but to also develop tools they can use every day to tap their potential and make choices that are in line with their values and what brings them joy so they can share it with their families, friends and communities.
I have a broad and deep level of life and professional experience which enables me to be with clients exactly as they are and where they are without judgement. Whether they are a Managing Director at a financial institution, a kinder garden teacher, a retiree, an artist or just in transition - I have always had a gift of relating and putting people at ease and supporting them to be the best that they can be. I have 17 years of experience working in high pressured trading floors for various Commodities teams in management positions. I have also had experience starting my own businesses, working in the Arts as curator and promoter. The past 2 years have given me an intense tutelage in letting go of everything that no longer served me, releasing all that I thought "was responsible" and kept me (and my daughter) "safe and secure" in order to heed my own higher calling of being of service to others. The experience has given me a unique ability to assist others undergoing difficult transitions and releasing fear so they can make changes they need to in order for them to bring joy, harmony and balance back into their lives.